Thursday, February 26, 2009

Arrggh, my groin! (yes, Simpsons fans, a direct reference)

1/6 - San Vito Lo Capo to Custonaci - 15.22 miles limped

Somewhere along the walk the day before, I had managed to strain my groin. From the moment I woke up, a sharp and stinging sensation made each movement excruciatingly painful, and as I prepared my bag, I wondered how I was going to make it out of San Vito Lo Capo. There was no way I was going to stay in this town for another wasted day, so I grit my teeth, and limped out of town, pausing every twenty minutes for a rest.

I will remember this day for the extreme pain I stubbornly bore, and not for much else. The sun was warm and shining brightly, I skirted the sea in a much smaller reserve, Monte Cofano, broke into an old Arab tower, napped on a boulder, and slept in a B&B facing Mount Erice, covered in a shroud of mist and obstructing my view of Trapani.




No comments: