Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Video (in Italian) of me discussing my travels with my 2003 host family

L’Italia a piedi [Patrick ci racconta...]

This 8:40 video is an edited version of a one-hour conversation I had with my host family from Padova, just outside Venezia. After my walk, I promised to go visit them, and stayed there for three days.

The family:
Host father Mario Galzigna, a University professor of Psychology and Epistemology at Università Ca Foscari in Venezia (his blog)
Host mother Maddalena Mapelli, a middle school Italian teacher, and editor of a blog turned book, Ibridamenti, which is a collective of various Italian intellectuals speaking on a variety of subjects
Host brother Matteo, a concert pianist, all-around genius, and dear friend
Host sister Sara, an 11-year-old violinist and a budding intellectual mind

Heady stuff. Anyhow, if you can understand Italian, this is a nice little video about my travels, and I hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

AHM said...

I’m an American Host Mother ( and yoga teacher, thus the email address). You can read about the reverse of your experience-- hosting a foreign student--if you like. My blog www.ahostmom.wordpress.com. Web page www.moorechristine.com
Have fun abroad.