Saturday, December 13, 2008

Radio Silence

All,

Don't worry, I'm okay! Since you last heard from me, on 12/1, I have had more unforgettable experiences, and have entered the homestretch, arriving in Sicily on 12/8. Since this is the first computer I have seen since Rome nearly two weeks ago, I spent my precious time answering emails, as they have always been (and continue to be) my priority. Personal contact always comes first, even if it is digital!

I do have a lot to say, though I must be honest and admit that most of it has not even made it on paper, let alone this blog. Now that I have arrived at the final days, I find it of paramount importance that I express myself and my experiences with inspiration and the right amount of self-reflection.

Know that I am in good health and spirits, that I have found Sicily to be one of the most beautiful regions I have seen so far, and that the food is out of this world. I have not forgotten this blog, or you, the faithful readers, who have given me the necessary impetus to record my experiences before losing them to time and forgetfulness. Not to worry, my vicious self-immolating guilt will get me on a computer soon enough, with stories and pictures to please even the greatest adherents to the instant gratification cult.

Smiling enough for everyone,
Pat

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the map, very helpful when trying to follow your route. How can you decide which part of Italy's scenery is the MOST beautiful??....
Cheryl