Monday, September 22, 2008

A message from the Present

9/22 - 5:30 PM Italy time

Friends, just when I started to catch up, I now believe I will have to fall behind again. As it turns out, Lorella (see blogs below for backstory) has found me a place in which to celebrate the grape harvest. Thank you Lorella!!!

I will be in Castiglione in Teverina for the next 5-10 days, living the farmer's life with Ludovico and his family. If they have internet, I will keep updating the blog. If not, there will be a silence, and I will do my best to write all the days' accounts so that I can explode with a flurry of blog posts on my return. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy these last blog posts: they relate some of my favorite memories so far.

This will probably be hard work, but has been one of my dreams within my bigger dream (which so far is going swimmingly well, I might add!), so I hope you will root for me to have a great time and learn a lot about picking grapes, making wine, and working on a farm.

Wish me luck!

Pat (from Viterbo, 80 km North of Rome)

3 comments:

Mel Hook said...

All training you'll need for when you get your own villa! Enjoy...

Unknown said...

I want to see pictures of you up to your knees in grapes stomping away!! City boy goes country!

Unknown said...

Keep on rockin', Pat. Seems like an amazing trip; I've been following along, so keep on updating!