Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Photos - Genova through Arcola

All, please let me first apologize for the scarcity of my posts as of late. By some stroke of ill fortune, my phone lost all its data, including the software I used to write my posts with my mini keyboard. Since I now have to write all my posts by hand, and then type them out later at the internet cafe, the whole process has grown one degree more inefficient.

Still, I have worked hard today (if you can call it work), spending 6 hours at the internet cafe, a new record.

Here are all the photos that I have taken from Genova all the way to Sarzana, on the border between Liguria and Tuscany. I do not have a full album yet for my first impressions of Tuscany, but will say that I am currently in Massa, very near the Tuscan border, and right in the midst of the towns where all the famous sculptors get their marble.

I have managed to irritate my right foot to the point of it being quite painful, so I took the day off for some errands. I went to the pharmacy for some ointment, cut my hair, bought a t-shirt, visited the cell phone store to see if I could subscribe to a different plan (and therefore save my first-born child, as well as an arm and a leg), and am now almost ready to pass out from over-exposure to a computer.

Anyways, here is the fruit of today's labor. Please forgive the radio silence over the past few days. I am desperately trying to catch up, and have not forgotten my pleasant duty to all of you. I truly appreciate your patience and support! In the next few days, you will hear about my current stay in Vernazza, as well as my travels to Portovenere, La Spezia, and beyond.

Genova
Bogliasco to Rapallo
Rapallo to Portofino to Chiavari (the long day)Chiavari to Bracco to Levanto
Vernazza
The Rest of the Cinqueterre
Portovenere to La Spezia to Arcola

3 comments:

Mel Hook said...

I love the picture of Teresa leading all the women out of the water. :) Hope your foot is feeling better. love you, pissorella

Unknown said...

Patrick: I'm trying to catch up with your blog, been away from computer for a few days.
Cheryl

Unknown said...

Thanks for your memories.....
Cheryl